To date, six new positions have been created in the team through apprenticeships – with plans to expand further in 2024. Apprenticeships not only provide thorough on-job training, they also diversify the team creating new opportunities for local residents to develop specialised skills that schools rely upon.
Wandsworth Lifelong Learning cater for over 8,000 learners each year across some 650 courses. In addition to apprenticeships, they also offer accredited and non-accredited courses specifically focused on growing careers and supporting people in team leading and management positions.
- Effective delegation in the workplace
- Leadership and Management
- Introduction to coaching / effective mentoring
- Problem solving and managing change
- Introduction project management
- First time manager or supervisor
- Managing problems effectively in the workplace
One of our key priorities is to continue to increase the number, quality, and access to apprenticeships for local people and employers. Apprenticeships provide a fantastic opportunity for those already in employment to develop further skills and for those that are new to the labour market, offering opportunities in several sector areas.
Councillor Kate Stock, Cabinet Member for Children’s Services, Wandsworth Council